Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Bigger Picture

Right after I had written the post about all the bad things that are happening in our house, the security lady came into my work and without her even knowing, she showed me the bigger picture of things and taught me how life isn't always as bad as it seems. She came in and was asking about the house and  how things are going. So I continue to tell her all the things and she came back with you gotta go through bad to get to the good. Things will turn out good, they wont stay bad forever. That hit me, it made me realize that yeah, we have some problems but if we just came into this house without any problems, we wouldn't have learned the things we have learned. Michael wouldn't have been able to fix 40 burst pipes, or learn how to put in a new water heater by himself, or learn how to patch up drywall all by himself. She had no idea that what she said impacted me a lot, but it seems to be those times where you aren't really searching or hoping for an answer when you get it. This security lady is the most spiritual person I have ever met. Everything she talks about is how Jesus saved her by his grace. How amazing is that. Through her cruddy times in life, she brings it back to Jesus and how blessed she is. She has been a big influence on Michael and my life. (Except for the fact that she wants to put Michaels hair in dred locks and asks me every time she see's me if she can. ;)
Another lady that has made a big impact on me is the shuttle driver that drives around Slu's campus. It's kind of crazy that two ladies who I have met completely randomly have impacted me so much. This bus drivers name is Loraine and she is amazing. If she meets you once, she will remember you forever and will remember everything about you. I sometimes would ride the SLU shuttle just to talk to Loraine. She taught me how to be kind, how to always be a listening ear when you need it. Like I said, she remembers everything, knowing Loraine and seeing her talk to others, has made me want to have that trait. To have the trait of listening and honestly caring to remember. Michael absolutely loves Loraine as well. She is like our grandma here in Missouri. I love these two ladies dearly, and I am so grateful for the random moments where I have met these ladies so they could impact mine and Michaels life. :)
These two ladies have made me see the bigger picture in life. Things always aren't as bad as you seem. With going to Mexico it also opened up my eyes that we are very fortunate to have a roof over our head, these problems are blessings!! This house is a blessing and it came straight from God. .How blessed we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment