Thursday, January 19, 2017

Where I'm From

I had to do this poem for my education english class and I had a lot of fun coming up with it. Enjoy!


I am from the big red rocks in Southern Utah.
From ballet shoes, and gigga pets
I am from the split level brick home at the bottom of a large hill.
It was always filled with laughter.
I am from mulberry trees and volcanic rocks.
Where only plants that required little water could grow.
I’m from the game and music filled home.
From Tracie and glen and my 4 older siblings.
I’m from the tradition enthusiasts and where family is everything.
From being told to be kind and where hard work is the key to success.
I’m from a very religious home who goes to church every week and lives our religion everyday.
From Danish decent who traveled to America for religion.
From Danish pancakes and root beer freezes.
From a man long ago who fought for religion and was in Carthage Jail with the first prophet of our church.
The walls held precious photos that held memories from the past.
I am from a family that taught that marriage and a family is the goal. These teachings lead me to the life that I live now.

No comments:

Post a Comment