Thursday, May 28, 2015

A Little Piece of the Future

A couple of weekends ago, we got a little taste of what our future will look like with kids.
 A cute mom came up to Michael and I and asked if we would babysit her 4 children for the weekend while her and her husband celebrated their 10 year anniversary. HECK YES! I was all for this, especially because her kids are WAY good and stinkin cute. So she wanted to leave the day I got done with my last final, so this was a fun way to officially celebrate summer! It hit me that oh wait, we aren't these kids parents, they have actual moms and dads that they can't wait to see in the next day. It is kind of funny how we both just got consumed and loved these kids that we forgot that they aren't ours. It was definitely crazy to go from having no kids and having everything be about us, to having 4 kids to take care of over night. It made really appreciate moms and all that they do. They are COMPLETELY selfless.  I love how these kids absolutely adore Michael. It showed me that we are a good combo on I am the one to crack down on things such as making sure the kids ate their food before they had cake candy, and Michael is the one where they go and wrestle and play with. Seeing him hold the sticky 2 year old covered in ice cream, cleaning her up then buckling in her car seat, it seemed like he was made for this!
Like I said above, these kids are amazing! They are crazy, wild but most importantly loving. I loved just hearing all the giggles and the running around going on. It just makes a home feel like a home. 
The oldest boy loved Michael most of all. Anytime Michael would do something, he would do it. Michael was sitting on the coach with his arms folded and he sat down and looked at Michael then copied him. I asked to sit by Michael during movie night, but he didn't want to leave Michaels side. He was the one to ask when we could go wake up Michael in the morning, then that would lead us into going and jumping on him yelling WAKE UP MICHAEL!  Come play with us!! Michael would be the last person to get a hug at night as well. On Saturday night they wanted french toast with whipped cream and strawberries, so Michael was in charge of making it. David was of course right by his side being the cinnamon and sugar man. I loved to see a bond between the two. 
The weekend consisted of a lot of ice cream, a lot of movies, park time, birthday parties, walks, snuggles, and yummy unhealthy food that they can get cause mommy and daddy weren't here. (Don't worry they had fruit with every meal) 
Michael said everyday, man if I didn't have finals next week I could do this for another week. That is how amazing and fun these kids are.
Michael and I were exhausted by the time 8 o'clock rolled around and the kids were in bed.
I am so happy that the parents asked us to take care of their kids because it was a blast and made me want my own kids ;) (not for a while) Thanks Mary and Joe for letting us take care of them! :)



Went to many parks

I thought this was the cutest thing. I couldn't find Hazel so I went searching and here she was just sitting and listening to music. 

 Had a lot of ice cream
They seriously all loved Michael.

 We had chocolate covered popcorn and I look at the two girls and they are just covered in it. Don't worry we brushed their teeth real well that night. :) 
This is the view from their roof and I thought it was SO cool! 




No comments:

Post a Comment