Sunday, March 15, 2015

Few Of The Things We Have Been Up To Lately!

There hasn't been anything really big or eventful so I will just give you a quick catch up of what has been happening.
Michael:
He has been extremely busy with school, and when I say extremely I am not exaggerating.  He always thinks I am, but he isn't the one home alone all the time.
He is almost done with writing his thesis proposal, which is way good for only being in your second semester of grad school, and that is about 30 pages long. 
He plays racquetball every Wednesday night with a buddy of ours from our ward at the SLU gym. 

Me:
I got a new job, it is at the yogurt shop right across the street from our house, it isn't a chiropractic office, but it takes me 30 seconds to walk there and it is something to bring us income so we are blessed and grateful! 
I am doing my last semester of online school and am taking a stats class and I actually am doing very well in it and enjoy it!! Weird! 
Next semester I am going to go to Harris Stowe University which is a historically black college, so that should be fun.
I just over a 3 day flu which was absolutely no fun. Trying to work during that time is no fun either! 

Michaels friend from back home Micah came to interview at SLU and so of course he had to stay with us. Of course the night he came about an hour before we had to go pick him up, our car broke down. That night at midnight they went back and forth to the gas station (about a block away thankfully) 5 times to try and see if we had just run out of gas and that was the problem, but it wasn't. I felt so bad because Micah had just arrived, and was out till 1 then had his big interview early the next morning. 
Michael and him hung out the rest of the weekend and Michael REALLY enjoyed that. Since we didn't have a car the whole weekend he was here, we walked everywhere. That walk to church was a cold one.  But $600 later, we have a car. 
 Micah is seriously one of the nicest kids and was so into helping us decide on whether or not to buy a house, car problems, advice about saving money etc. So basically we really like Micah (and his wife Elise sounds just as amazing), and are so grateful for the friendship that they give to us! 

It is the end of our spring break week and we did absolutely nothing. We took 2 trips to Forest Park (about 5 minutes away) to the zoo, and then on Sunday to just enjoy the beautiful weather. I worked like crazy with nanny jobs, babysitting familys in the ward and my other job and Michael was at the school with his buddy Wells most of the week. Then it ended with me having the flu the last part of the week, and Michael taking care of me like a champ. so YAY for spring breaks! 
We are planning to go to Kansas to be with Michaels Aunt and Uncle and their kids for Easter and I am so excited! We both decided we needed to take a little trip out of St. Louis and thought that this would be the perfect opportunity. They are seriously the sweetest to invite and host another 2 people, but we are so grateful for loving family! 
If you guys made it this far, give yourself a pat on the back! :) Sorry this wasn't the most eventful post, but I just thought that I would let everyone know what we have been up to lately. :)
Also cool fact, we have had a viewer from India which is pretty awesome!  (we think it might be you Chris Meek if you read our blog) 
XOXO Sauceda's In St. Louis!! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are keeping everyone up to date with Sauceda happenings!

    ReplyDelete