Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Love Of A Family is Life's Greatest Blessings

Our Kansas trip was nothing short of a great time. It consisted of playing in the yard, bike rides, campfires with smores, lots of laughs and a ton of delicious delicious food. We headed to a very small town in Kansas on Thursday. We are so glad we went because it really showed us that 7 hours away we have family that we can go to! We headed out Thursday and had non stop fun until we had to leave on Sunday. That was a very sad goodbye. We got there and was greeted with yummy Mexican food, a wicked wind storm and we just happened to be put in the nursery (baby is due in about 2 weeks) and I didn't complain about being put in there once. I loved just seeing crib, the rocking chair, and all the little clothes. I am not saying that I want children right now, but I have always love seeing things like that.
Yep, looks like we just had a 7 hour drive

Friday we got up and our Aunt Kathy and Uncle Ray treated us to Sumo a fabulous Japanese  restaurant where they cook your meal right in front of you.
Us with our AWESOME Uncle Ray



Papa John, you would be proud of Michaels after plate. 

We then headed to target and Hobby Lobby (possibly my 2 favorite stores) then we drove to a pond and the kids attempted to go fishing. (they didn't bring hooks, so they were finding ones that people had left) It was way cold and windy, so Uncle Ray, Analysa and I said that we would keep the car warm. ;) We headed to their 1 cute grocery store called Dales. Seriously it is the cutest. Had hamburgers, played out in the yard and had smores. I thought it was a pretty successful day. We were exhausted because we aren't used to playing with kids and having their energy around all the time.
Unfortunately we didn't take any pictures at the pond because we didn't bring the charger and thought out battery was going to die. 

This is a tower where you can go up and find buffalo. Usually Buffalo come closer to the road, but it just happened to be the time when they don't like to so we had to climb up here (very very very windy) and we could see them off at a distance. 
This is with our zoom in lens.


Saturday was the Easter festivities. Gabi one of the grandkids had a soccer game in the morning then we headed off to the Easter Egg hunt that lasted maybe 2 minutes. :) It seemed like the whole town was there (that had kids, and even then there wasn't to many people)




Aunt Kathy is so cute and had sugar cookie dough for the kids to cut out in different shapes and put sprinkles on for the kids to eat. They were so kind and let us make some :)






We all had a nice nap then when the kids woke up, we colored Easter eggs. 7 kids coloring Easter eggs= a lot of fun! We painted nails, played some basketball, Michael and I took the kids on a bike ride, then we had AMAZING ribs and chicken all done by Jacob. Michael said they were the best ribs he has ever had, and I m
ay have to agree.  We painted some fingernails in the warm sunlight.


Easter morning came! The kids had awesome easter baskets, we went to church, came home and had a feast, helped hide the eggs for the Easter egg hunt. Now that was fun to watch all the kids just run to get these eggs. :) This was my first year of being the adult and so it was fun to see the other side.  Michael surprised me with my own easter basket :) He knew I had wanted a hot glue gun for crafting and I guess the Easter Bunny just happened to know that as well! :)

Gabi and I with my Easter basket
Helping Chloe open all of her Easter eggs from the hunt.


Now this guy sitting on my lap was my buddy for the trip. I loved hanging out with this kid. I kept telling Priscilla one of the moms, how do you say no to your children? They are all so stinkin cute I don't think I could say no! Same goes for Analisas children. :) Dang we have some cute cousins!
We headed home after Easter dinner and I drove the whole way. That was the longest I have ever driven so it was a long one :) 
 This was our second Easter together as a  couple and I am so glad that we were able to drive to Kansas to spend it with family! A HUGE thank you to Priscilla and Jacob for hosting a whole group of people at your house, especially to Priscilla who is also on bed rest. They were so warm and loving. This was the first time that I have ever really hung out with his side of the family, (except for at the wedding) so we are glad that we now have family close enough that we can go visit more often :) Thanks again Sibayans and Defiestas for letting us join your party!  WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!! 

This is kinda a long video but it is so cute! 



No comments:

Post a Comment